Do you grow fruits and vegetables? Do you create homemade and handmade foods and crafts? If so, the Farmers Market would like to have you.
- All products shall be grown, produced or handcrafted by the vendor
- Handmade items are items that are at least 75 percent made by the vendor
- To sell items as locally grown, the items must have been grown, produced or processed within a 90-mile radius of the market
- If a vendor has purchased local items to sell, the name, location and contact information must be clearly posted
- Any agricultural item such as yard eggs or dairy that is not permitted by the State of Texas must be marked as UNGRADED and have contact name of the producer posted
Vendors who sell food items must abide by the Texas Cottage Food Law and the local health code. Foods that are not covered by the Texas Cottage Food Law must be prepared in a Commercial Kitchen that is inspected by the Community Services Department.